Show a little more love

Show a little more love

20151113_12592820151113_125301

Friday, November 13, 2015 was a day that was able to fulfill a dire necessity, a gentle yet powerful quality that becomes missing throughout busy lives. World Kindness Day, also known as Random Acts of Kindness Day was a special celebration enjoyed by students at Fossil Ridge.

Key Club’s Caring committee led by Emily Chao, promoted Random Acts of Kindness Day by asking students to write about something they were thankful for. Cut-out turkey hands were distributed for students to share their gratitude in words.  With the Thanksgiving Holiday in mind, Chao stated that a “part of kindness is being thankful.” The hand turkeys will be decorated to make an even bigger turkey that will be hung in the school.

This international day is dedicated to spreading kindness from the heart. People are able to realize that kindness should not be something to gain from but to give. Acts of kindness do not have to be big enough to change the world. Even a small decision to lift up a peer has the ability to touch and embolden one another. Although our actions or words may be forgotten, the feelings you evoke that have the potential to inspire kindness within them will be remembered. Each individual has different ways of showing that they care. Acknowledging individual choices to take the time and show a little courage is also what World Kindness Day is all about.

Kindness makes a way for people to love a little more each day and make the world a better place.

The next Random Acts of Kindness Day will be on February 17th, 2016, so don’t miss out on this special day to let your family and friends know how much they mean to you.

RAK_believeRAK_be_oneRAK_kindness_is_freeRAK_reach_out

Random Acts of Kindness Day calls for a shout out to Etched In Stone’s main Chief! Thanks Mr. Benjamin DeGear for all that you do! We love you!

– All Etched In Stone Members