Girls’ softball starts strong

The Fossil Ridge High School girls’ varsity softball team is 5-1 in the 2012 season. The girls’ next game is Sept. 25. They will be playing at Horizon. The girls have a long way to go before state, but they already know what to do in order to win.

Senior Hayley Novacek said about her team, “We are really close, we all get along really well and have great team chemistry.”

Novacek has been on varsity her whole high school career and she knows these girls very well. Most of them play on the competitive teams together. Novacek said, “Our best strength as a team is our unity and advanced level of abilities.”

That chemistry really shows out on the field how well they work together. The team is so well diverse with skill they opponents will have a hard time trying to keep up with the team. This team is rather a younger team; the three top senior players are Brittany Younan, Courtney Lecher, and Hayley Novacek. They all play positions in the infield.

These girls biggest goal is to make it to State. The way they are playing they are headed in the right direction. With more hard work they will get even closer. All of the girls like this team and they all have good experiences with FRHS.

Novacek said, “I’m really excited to be part of Fossil. I just really want to encourage people to come out and watch because of our abilities this year it will be fun to watch. We won’t let you down.”

She speaks for the whole team; support the FRHS SaberCat softball at their next home game on Oct. 2 against Loveland.