Humans of Fossil: Dalton Tanner

Humans of Fossil: Dalton Tanner

[slideshow_deploy id=’12569′]

Dalton Tanner, a senior at Fossil Ridge High School, has been really involved in track and cross country for the past two years.  He is running all year long whether it’s during off season, the real season or just for fun.  For track the 110 m and 300m hurdles are his favorite race while in cross country everyone runs a race that is a little more than 3 miles. “ I enjoy running because it’s something you can do without any special gear really.  You don’t need anybody else or any nets or balls or pads, just a pair of decent running shoes and some comfortable clothing are all you need to go for a run” said Tanner.  He continues, “it’s also incredibly easy to see the immediate rewards for good effort.  If you train hard, you run faster, and your times will show it.  It’s as simple as that.”   

Choir and music are also a big passion of Tanner.  At school, he is involved in the FRHS choir program.  He is in two choir classes as well as the Select Mixed Choir.  He is also in Jazz Choir, Tenth Bass, which is fossils jazz a cappella choir, in which he sings low bass.  “I spend a lot of time singing and thinking about music.  And I would like to be a part of BYU Vocal Point, which for those of you who don’t know is a collegiate group similar to the famous pentatonix.”  said Tanner.  In this program he likes “the thrilling aspect of singing with a small group of very talented musicians and making a piece of music that moves people and doing it all without any instruments”

Outside of school Tanner is a part of the Boy Scouts of America.  In this program, he is an Eagle Scout.  “I have learned so much about little daily from becoming an Eagle Scout”  said Tanner.  He also works as a medical technician, receptionist, and optician at an eye clinic in Loveland called Premier Family Eyecare.  

Religion is also very important to Tanner.  “I’m a mormon.  I love my church so religion is a part of everything in my life.  Whether it’s school, sports, or any other activity, I always use my religion to bless my life as well as others”  said Tanner.  Tanner regularly attends church, events at church and activities involving the church.    

After he graduates high school, he is going to serve a two-year mission for his church which is the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  After he serves a mission, he is hoping to attend BYU Provo to study biochemistry.  “I want to go into surgery, preferably in the vicinity of the head.  I haven’t decided between eye surgery or brain surgery”  said Tanner.

Advice Tanner has for younger students is that, “you should talk less because it makes you seem smarter, even if you really aren’t.  Also get involved in some activity at school that you enjoy and has members from diverse grade levels, ideologies, and backgrounds.  It’s good to get to know people who have some experience and different perspectives”.  

Tanner wants to school to know that “I hate cats, I love steamed croutons and ranch dressing, I hold the record for the 400m scooter race, I drive my mom’s minivan with the family stickers on the back, I can speak fluent java script, I’m a pro at ping pong and chubby bunny, and I have the best fashion sense you will ever see so take notes”.  

$100
$1000