The characters of Frankenstein, posted on the Drama News Board.

Frankenstein: The Actors

Fossil is well known for its various theatrical productions of famous plays from all around the world. From West Side Story, to Our Town, Fossil’s theater department has acted through a lot of different and entertaining stories. No matter what, they always make it entertaining for the audience. Their newest production, Frankenstein, is no different.

The play is about the book, Frankenstein, originally written by Mary Shelley in 1818. The book told the story of  Victor Frankenstein, a scientist who creates a monster out of various old body parts. The monster eventually escapes and goes on a murderous rampage. The tale is told through the eyes of Victor Frankenstein, who is the main protagonist of the story.

However its roots being more about horror, the theatrical adaptation being played by Fossil students revolves more around the drama of the story rather than the dread of the original book. This drama is mostly generated from the dark undertones that the play contains and how the actors act out these dark themes.

Lucas Feuer, a sophomore and avid actor, is playing the role of Monsieur Frankenstein in the play. In his words, “Monsieur Frankenstein is somewhat the conscience of Victor (main protagonist) whose wife passed away and is suffering from cancer. He wants to wed Victor’s cousin, Elizabeth, with Victor. He really just wants Victor to be happy.” Feuer has acted in some of Fossil’s other plays, including playing Indio in West Side Story, and Sam Craig in Our Town.

“I’m always a little nervous, but it’s more like an excited energy. I’m just happy for the teamwork in store for the cast,” says Feuer. “Making each other look as good as possible on stage creates a companionship that’s hard to find anywhere else.”

The names of the other actors are as follows:

The Creature: Caleb Martin

Victor Frankenstein: Chris Martella

Gretel: Marin Stumpf

Gustav/ Servant/ Townspeople: Grant DeLuca

Klaus/Constable: Parker Bennett

DeLacey: Bryce Henry

Felix: Travis Turner

Agatha: Bailey Waldner

Female Creature: Abby Meyer

Elizabeth Lavenza: Elizabeth Woolner

Clarice: Sophie Contino

William Frankenstein: Austin Hand

Ewan:          Kieran McKelvey

Rab/ Servant / Townspeople: Ryan Clark

Alley Man/ Servant /Townspeople: Tom Houser

Servant #1:        Amelia Overholt

Servant #2:        Avree Linne

Servant #3:         Sophia Martin

All the other actors will be acting in this play alongside Feuer to create Fossil’s own rendition of the play on November 17-19 in the Performing Arts Center.

View Comments (1)
$100
$1000