PC: Lauren Sanchez from Rocky
PC: Lauren Sanchez from Rocky

Fossil falls to Rocky

On Thursday, September 15, Fossil Ridge High School played Rocky Mountain High School. The Lobos forced the first loss for the Sabercats of this season, beating them 5-2.

Rocky lead Fossil early in the first inning scoring one run, beginning the game with a 1-0 score in favor of the Lobos..

During the fourth inning  Kristen Reed hit a two run home run, putting the team in the lead 1-2. The star player from Fossil’s team was Kristen Reed, she went 3 for 3 batting; hitting a double, 2 RBIs, and the two run-home run that scored the only 2 points for the Sabercats. After getting a run scored against them, Rocky increased their intensity by scoring three more runs which expanded their lead to 4-1 at the bottom of the fourth inning. The Lobos gained momentum after scoring their three runs and scored their fifth and final point of the game in the bottom of the fifth inning securing their 5-2 win over No. 1 Fossil Ridge High School.  

The Fossil team will look to redeem themselves in their next crosstown rival game against Fort Collins on Saturday, September 24 on their home field.