Goals before graduation

Goals before graduation

In 240 days the senior class of 2017 graduates. A little more than half a year until one of the most monumental days of our lives so far. For me, 240 days feels like an eternity away, but also close enough to touch, and I haven’t decided how I feel about leaving the comfort of high school yet.

Senior year has a major aspect of sentimentality. In order to embrace my last year of high school, I’ve made “bucket lists” for each season (fall, winter, spring) before graduation. My goal is to have done 15 goofy, fun, odd, maybe slightly crazy things that I normally wouldn’t have considered.

In order to fight off the senioritis I’m already feeling, I’ve tried to pick activities that I think will keep me from watching more Netflix until graduation. Since it is senior year and I still have classes and a job, I’ve picked five activities for my fall list:

Produce an assembly

Junior/Senior Prank wars

Make fall treats (pumpkin pie, caramel apples)

Get lost in the mountains for a day

Make blankets for the homeless

This first list is starting off pretty tame; let’s be real, I’m testing the waters. As I complete items, I’ll write about my experiences with photographic evidence of course.