Smiles all around at the first unified game

Wednesday, October 5th was Fossil Ridge High School’s first unified football game at French Field against Poudre High School. Many students showed up to support their school and show the team they cared. Fossil had the first touchdown, putting them in the lead 6-0. Both teams love playing football and they are cheering no matter what. “My favorite part about the game was throwing the football. I also got a touchdown which was super exciting,” Dee Whiten stated.

With 7 minutes left in the half, Sebastian Bastille got the ball and ran the entire field scoring another touchdown leaving it at 13-0 in favor of the Sabercats. Two minutes after the Sabercats scored the Impalas scored their first touchdown making the score 13-6.

The final score was 38-21 resulting in a win for the Sabercats. The Impalas and Sabercats both celebrated together on the field following the game. “I loved winning the game, and playing against other teams,” said Dee White.

Photo of Unified flag football. Photo credit: Karen Manley

The next Unified football game is on Thursday, October 12th against Rocky Mountain High School at 6:00 pm.

$100
$1000