Varsity Softball team loses to Eaglecrest

thumbnail_image2

With the Sabercats taking home an unfortunate loss, Fossil Ridge High School’s varsity softball went up against Eaglecrest High School on Friday, October 7 at Fossil Ridge at the softball fields by the west parking lot. Scoring a 3-6 loss, the Fossil varsity softball team is currently ranked No.9 in 5A of the state of the Colorado for high school softball.

With a slow start in the first and second inning, Eaglecrest scored a point on the scoreboard in the first inning with a 0-1 score. Even though there was no movement on the scoreboard, Rheanna Will went up to bat and hit the fast-moving ball, placing the ball deep on the field, which let Rheanna Will have time to make a single in the second inning. Will had two overall hits throughout the game and a on base percentage of .500

The third and fourth inning started with a 3-1 score, with Fossil Ridge in the lead. Megan Jamison, a senior at Fossil scored a total of two hits throughout the game which ended her with a fielding percentage of 1.000 and a on base percentage of .667. Jamison played offense when she went up to bat and made it to single. Kristen Reed, a sophomore at Fossil also played offense and made a single leading to bases being 2/3 filled.

With the Raptors creeping up in the fifth inning with a score of 2-3, Fossil Ridge varsity softball played defense when the Raptors ended with the bases loaded which ended with the Raptors winning, 6-3.

Come support the Sabercats at their next game away for regionals on Saturday, October 15 at 10am at Grandview in Aurora, Colorado.