Henry and Dayton Williams talk about the next cheer. Photo credit: Katie Reed

Student Section Leader Highlights

Henry and Dayton lead Colorado rain at Fossil's homecoming assembly. Photo credit: Ridge TV
Henry and Dayton lead Colorado rain at Fossil’s homecoming assembly. Photo credit: Ridge TV

The student section at Fossil Ridge High School this year has made a monumental impact on our students within the confines of the school. Led by seniors, Dayton Williams and Henry Williams, these young men set on to make our sporting events more memorable than anything else. “It’s our job to make Fossil’s main sports as fun and lively as possible.” responded Dayton Williams. “Without our students at games, there’s no support or drive for our fellow athletes to perform well at the moment.” Henry Williams quickly responded, “It’s always nice to have someone cheer you on while you are playing.”

Dayton and Henry have both been the student section leaders since the beginning of 2016. Last years leaders were Timmy Ethers and Cole Harger, they passed down the responsibilities and the school flag to Dayton Williams and Henry Williams. They were also the ones that bestowed the honor to the current leaders.

Dayton gets face painted by senior Jared Brannen. Photo credit: Katie Reed

The personal responsibilities as a student section leader is to have the charisma and the talent of getting the crowd as hyped as possible for student games. These games consisted of mostly home games, with the exception of a couple trips to Denver for a football game or two. The main objective to a student section leader is to go to as many sporting events as possible to show the school’s pride and spirit. Equipped with the holy school flag, and a bit of eye black, these men bring herds of students alongside them. They are determined to be a part of Fossil sports as much possible, “I would like to go to all of the games if I could.” replied Henry Williams.

The student section this year has been better than ever before, according to Dayton Williams, “This is the best crowd I’ve seen in a long time, not only are students going to football games, but they are students turning out for our volleyball games!” Henry Williams went on to say, “We visualize historic turnouts for our upcoming basketball season.”

Fossil’s principal, Will Allen even went to say that he was impressed with the amount of students at many of the sporting events during an assembly for the senior class one Friday morning.

Overall, Henry and Dayton Williams are doing this for the school, not themselves. “My job is to only get our fellow students interested in our sporting events.” he went on the say, “I will continue to keep our classmates hyped and ready for the next games.” The question is, who will be the next students honored the title of being student leader? Only time will tell.