NAHS splashes more color onto Fossils windows

NAHS splashes more color onto Fossil’s windows

NAHS adds more Color into the School

Qyra Day

As Fossil Ridge High School students have noticed, the windows in the hall by the media center are decorated with colourful paint. The students in National Art Honors Society (NAHS) are the ones behind these decorations.

Alex Arguelles, a member of NAHS, has painted the windows twice this year. “We painted the windows for Halloween, and Thanksgiving this year and we’re planning on painting something in December. We mainly switch paintings on the windows every holiday or change in season”.

A lot of the paintings are of holidays, and many people were wondering if the holiday paintings included every religion. “What we are going to do for winter is paint a variety of different holidays all at once that include Christmas, Hanukkah, and other celebrations so everyone feels accepted.”

NAHS started painting the windows for the holidays and seasons to be more festive and add more of an inviting atmosphere. “It was more for the school to be festive and inviting, and to build more art into the school. We really wanted to add more holiday spirit and make people feel happy as well as make people feel that they are in a very inviting atmosphere.”

The people that normally paint the windows are NAHS students. “It’s more of a project for NAHS students to do. Every semester we need a certain amount of projects and we need to paint at least twice on the windows.” The students who do end up painting the windows also have the responsibility of taking the paint down when the season or holiday ends.

When the idea was first presented to the NAHS students it was meant to be just an idea for the future, but instead of just leaving it an idea people randomly just went and did it. “We normally paint the windows after school from 3:00-4:30.”

Many students can’t wait to see the upcoming paintings in the hallways and to feel the holiday spirit echo throughout the school.

img_8421img_8407 img_8404 img_8399

$100
$1000