A successful week for the lady Sabercats

The week of December 19 was a super successful week for Fossil Ridge High School’s girls varsity basketball team. The first game of the week was against Cherokee Trail High School on Tuesday, December 20. The second game of the week was on Wednesday, December 21 against Lakewood High School. Both games ended with a win for the Sabercats and moved their record to (8-2) early in the season.

Team pep talk before the first whistle is blown. Photo Credit: Haley Rockwell

The game against Cherokee Trail was a big one for Fossil. If they won then it would have been Coach Salz’s 100th win. The Sabercats stepped onto the court determined to give Salz his big 100th win. They accomplished their goal and beat the Cougars 66-43.

Katey Guzman gets back on defense while Lakewood quickly transitions. Photo Credit: Haley Rockwell

Fossil continued their winning streak by beating Lakewood 49-37. It was a hard fought game as both teams battled it out to show who was the better team. At the end of the game, it was Fossil’s shot accuracy that allowed them to secure the win and go 2-0 for the week.

Kaysen Hobbs boxes out her opponent after Lakewood puts up a free throw. Photo Credit: Haley Rockwell

The Sabercats will return to the court after break and compete against Monarch High School on Friday, January 6. The game will be away at 6:30 pm. Wish them luck as they look to continue having a successful season.