Wrestling takes the mat against Loveland

Varsity wrestling stand for the national game prior to their dual against Loveland. Photo Credit: Haley Rockwell

The Fossil Ridge High School Sabercats competed against the Loveland High School Indians in a dual for wrestling on Thursday, January 12. There was a total of 12 duals that ended in a final score of 28-42 and a loss for Fossil. 5 Sabercats won their dual, including one win by forfeit.

Nathan Meyer grabs his opponent’s wrist to flip him on his back. Photo Credit: Haley Rockwell

Nathan Meyer was the first winner of the night, defeating Scott Teesdale. Meyer pinned his opponent at 1:31 in the first period.

Will Henrickson pulls a spin move on his opponent. Photo Credit: Haley Rockwell

Will Henrickson also pinned his opponent. At 2:39 in the second period Travis Saunders was pinned by Henrickson.

Aaron Swets did not have anyone to compete against so he won by forfeit.

Zach Klinger locks his opponent leg to get him in a pinned position. Photo Credit: Haley Rockwell

The dual following was Fossil’s Zach Klinger versus Nado Villalobos. Klinger won by technical fall at 6 minutes. This dual put the Sabercats in the lead 23-21 with 4 more duals to go.

Kyle Smart flips his opponent in a position to take him down. Photo Credit: Haley Rockwell

The last win of the night for Fossil was to Kyle Smart. Smart won by technical fall, like Klinger, at 3:36 in the third period.

The next in-town dual for the Sabercat wrestlers is Thursday, January 26 at Fossil against Fort Collins High School. Come out and support them as they take on a rival high school team.