Knowledge Bowl unable to pull out A game at state

On Monday and Tuesday, March 13 and 14, Fossil Ridge High School’s Knowledge Bowl A Team competed in the state tournament at Colorado State University. The team received fourth place in the Governor’s cup and tied for first in the secondary bracket.

While Knowledge Bowl has dominated all of their meets this season, they were unable to pull out their A game at state. “It definitely could have gone better but I’m proud of my team and how hard they worked,” said Ryan Yu.

In the 2015-16 season, the team qualified for nationals after a win at state, but was unable to compete due to financial restrictions. They had expected another win heading into this season, but had a difficult time coming back from their Monday struggle.

“We got ourselves in a little bit of a hole and we tried to dig ourselves out but it was too little too late,” said James Zheng. “You can’t really get back from 20 points,” added freshman Maas van de Graaf.

Heading into future seasons, Coach Cranor is confident in her students’ abilities. “I think that we did well this year. We graduated twelve seniors last year which was a great loss, but we worked hard and have no regrets.”