Soccer still undefeated as they play closer to home

Fossil Ridge High School boys soccer played against Loveland High School Tuesday, September 12. Both Varsity and JV won their games with a final score of 9-0.

Varsity played first and came out strong. The Sabercats held their ground the entire first half, completely shutting down all of Loveland’s attempts at scoring. The boys scored five goals by the end of the first half.

The second half the Indians came out more aggressive and pushed Fossil’s defensive line. But the Sabercats prevailed and scored two goals soon after. The Sabercats and Indians both played harder and more aggressive in the second half causing Fossil to have to work harder to score. In the end Fossil scored another two goals and won the game 9-0.

JV was just as successful as Varsity and beat the Indians 9-0 as well.

Keep Away Photo Credit: Olivia Doro

Varsity and JV also played against Cheyenne Mountain High School on Saturday, September 10. Varsity won 2-1 and JV lost 1-2.

Soccer plays their first crosstown rival game against Poudre High School at home on Thursday, September 15. Varsity plays at 6:00 P.M. and JV plays at 4:30 P.M. Come support the team or wish a soccer Sabercat good luck.