Fossil Ridge playing Poudre High School in third league game of the 2017-18 season. Photo Credit: Ayden Adair

Fossil Ridge football suffers third consecutive loss in regular season play

Last night, Friday September 15, the Fossil Ridge SaberCats took on Poudre High School in their third game of the season. Due to a lightening delay with 7:30 left in the game, officials from both Fossil and Poudre will decide on Monday whether Poudre will be given the win, having held a 6-30 lead over the Cats for a majority of the game, or if the game will be finished at another time.

It seems as though Fossil just can’t connect the pieces to this puzzle they’ve been given. There are moments of brilliance when Tanner Hoke connects with Donovan Murphree and Casey Knutsen, or runs the ball himself, but a majority of the time the SaberCat offense just can’t complete their plays.

Last night there were a handful of flaws made by the Cats. Interceptions, fumbles, missed catches, nothing was coming together. Fortunately, the boys have a week to work on the things they need to, to play more of a competitive game next week.

I would also like to formally apologize for a mistake in a previous article – I stated that Sean Bowerfind had graduated last year, and that was an error on my end, he is currently attending Fossil Ridge.

Friday, September 22, the boys will take on Bear Creek at 3:00 P.M.

[socialpoll id=”2461557″]