Fossil with another home court win

Fossil Ridge High School beat Greeley West High School on Tuesday, October 3, for their homecoming week game. The girls won all three sets and maintained their winning streak after beating Broomfield High School and Horizon High School last week. This streak is following the girl’s losses at the Eaglecrest Tournament and the loss against crosstown rival Rocky Mountain High School.

The Sabercats took the court and played timidly, trailing behind the Spartans for the first part of the set. However, they began to play like the reigning state champions they are, communicating well and working as a team. Fossil dominated the second part of the set in order to beat Greeley West 25-13.

The second set began like the first, with the Sabercats making simple errors and fell behind the Spartans. Fossil amped up their intensity after Greeley West scored their 10 point, not letting the Spartans score again for the rest of the set. The Sabercats won the set 25-10.

Fossil took the lead at the beginning of the final set and kept it until the end. The Sabercats worked together on the court to show their fans how strong they are. Fossil took the win 25-14.

Fossil will play their next game against Fort Collins High School and it’ll be an away game. The game starts at 6:30 P.M. make sure to come and support the girls.