The Playlist: Some favorite bands for any day

As someone who considers themselves a music fanatic, picking and choosing my own favorite artist is one of the hardest things ever. Compiled here is a list of some of my favorite artist. Included are those who have made an impact on my life, whether their music has helped me in amazing times where I felt on top of the world, or times when I was on my bed crying hoping for things to turn for the better. This list is my go-to for a good day, a bad day, or anything in between.

Wilco
Wilco is a country rock band that can turn a heartbreak into a heart shattering with most of their songs. “One By One”, done by Wilco and country artist Billy Bragg, takes a simple heartbreak and follows the life of a broken heart. However, don’t gain the stigma that Wilco is just a band filled with depression; they have a light hearted song dedicated to heavy metal. Titled “Heavy Metal Drummer”, it’s just fun and brings a smile to the listener’s face.

Led Zeppelin
Rock legends are what these guys are. If you haven’t heard of them, check out their album The Hermit (the songs on this album are well known to most people). A high energy rock band with sounds of the 80s and some disco vibes all clash together with heavy guitar and drums.

Foo Fighters
Dave Grohl’s band formed after the breakup of Nirvana due to Kurt Cobain’s death. Though it’s saddening how the band came to be, they pushed through with original content to rock the world. Not only did they form in the 90s but they are still making amazing music today. Foo Fighters has even explored the sounds of different cities and decades with their album Sonic Highways. The band continues to be one of the few who give rock music a beautiful representation without tainting their sound too much with electronic noise.

Stone Temple Pilots
Stone Temple Pilots – one of the most underrated bands if you were to ask me. STP is one of my favorite hardcore 90s grunge bands, because their sound is so unique. Lead singer Scott Weiland has original raspy vocals that are broken and beautiful. If I had to recommend only one song it would be “Interstate Love Song” because it is one that always calms me down when I’m in a bad mood.

The Band
A 1960s folk, country, blues, and rock band that started off with Bob Dylan, The Band focuses on American roots in their music, but what I love the most about The Band is their last concert directed by Martin Scorsese. It’s called The Last Waltz and it made cinematic history in the world of music. I highly recommend checking out the movie, because it really gives a genuine insight of live music performed like no other.

Trombone Shorty
Jazz is made modern by artist Trombone Shorty. I wouldn’t say jazz is dead or outdated when the song “Hurricane Season” intrigues just about everyone’s ear, with an amazing beat being played by strong and snazzy brass instruments. The resurrection of jazz through one artist is astonishing, and Trombone Shorty is someone who is a need to know in this era of music His passion can be heard through every note.

Social Distortion
Social Distortion is an Orange County punk band with a bad past. Fast, loud, angry, and yet very loving in their music, their songs can rage from going to prison to the love of the city where they grew up. Despite their rough exterior, frontman Mike Ness is a blues and country man on his side projects. Anyways, Social D is a punk band that fans of rock music should take a listen to, because of the honesty in their lyrics have provided me a bed to fall on when I’m in personal hardship.

I had to shorten my list just a smidge, because I could have written a book for each band that I put on here. The bands above are my everyday go to, so please appreciate these bands as much as I do and take a listen to them. Listen to these bands on a bad day, a good day, or just any day because I believe that some of a favorite artist can change the tone for the rest of the night, or set the tone for the day.

Etched in Stone • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

$100
$1000