Letter of Recommendation: Ridge TV

For my last year of high school, I was invited to join Fossil Ridge High School’s T.V. class. As I must admit, since I joined Journalism, I have gained a higher respect for the program that is Ridge TV. I never thought that joining the class my senior year would lead to a newfound appreciation for multiple clubs and programs across the school.

I know that I’m not the most optimistic person about school activities; freshman year I could not give a single care about Ridge TV, now I’m happy to call Sabercat Studios my home. Gallagher and the rest of the program welcomes anyone and everyone with open arms. What lies within the program is several opportunities to explore different mediums of communication and expression across different platforms. We know that our projects aren’t great, or Oscar- worthy by any means, but what we pride ourselves on is small accomplishments or just that fact that a short film was made.

The class itself has opened me up to the world of film that I really didn’t know about. There is so much effort that is placed into every detail of the film – most of the time every single light is planned, along with each angle of the shot, in order for the film to convey a message to the audience. One thing to love about this is how much time students will then dedicate to perfecting a single aspect in their production.

Fossil’s assemblies, planned by Ridge TV and Student Council, don’t get the praise that they deserve. The weeks of planning that go into the event is stunning, even more so is the number of students it takes to put on a live production. For live productions so many things can go wrong, and the crews troubleshoot right on the spot. Even the most disastrous of live productions offer valuable memories and experience to prepare for future situations.

Sabercat Studios, the home of Ridge TV, provides more than just amateur filming experience, but it provides one of the most inviting environments in Fossil. I’m happy that I joined Ridge TV; I only wish that I took the class in my earlier years of highschool.

Etched in Stone • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

$100
$1000