Photo Credit: Special Olympics

Letter of Recommendation: Unified Sports

Everyone needs a team to bring them together and Unified Sports is perfect for all Sabercat athletes. Unified Sports is an amazing activity to bring the community closer into a team.

The Unified team is very unique in the fact that all players are welcomed, no matter the skill. It is amazing that students can participate in a competitive activity since some students have not had that opportunity.

Unified sports originated in the Special Olympics and has since gained speed, spreading across the nation to high schools. The Special Olympics page says, “About 1.4 million people worldwide take part in Unified Sports.” Unified Sports are perfect for all athletes no matter the ability that they have or their skill level.

The sport makes all feel included and valued. Anyone can participate and meetings will consist of fun drills and team building. The creed of the Special Olympics is “Play Unified, Live Unified”. The Sabercat team embodies this motto in all of the Unified Sports by encouraging students to sign up. There is Unified Football, Unified Basketball, Unified Cheer and more. All Unified sports are no-cut so skill should not discourage anyone from participating.

Even if you can’t make the full time commitment of participation, going to games to support Sabercat athletes is a great way to become more involved in the Fossil community.

At the moment Unified Basketball is still taking sign ups. If you have any questions or want to know more, you can contact Mrs. Eberhart about all sports. The Unified Team would love to expand a larger number of participants, but even having more people at games would be amazing too. The next game is on January 24th at 6PM at Fort Collins High School.

Etched in Stone • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

$100
$1000