Girls swimming and diving team won the conference meet, making this the tenth win in a row

Abby Bordewick

Friday and Saturday, February 3 and 4, Fossil Ridge High School competed in the conference meet. This meet marked the tenth year in a row that the Sabercats have won the conference meet. Fossil won this meet with a total of 855.5 points, the Sabercats beat the second place team by 367.5 points. Below are the results from each team who competed at this meet.

1. Fossil Ridge High School: 855.5 pts
  2. Legacy High School: 448 pts
  3. Monarch High School:432 pts
  4. Loveland High School: 423 pts
  5. Rocky Mountain High School:
  6. Boulder High School: 363 pts
  7. Horizon High School: 331 pts
  8. Broomfeild High School: 285 pts
  9. Poudre High School: 282 pts
  10. Fort Collins High School: 250 pts
  11. Fairview High School: 223 pts
  12. Mountain Range High School: 218 pts
  13. Greeley West High School: 183 pts

The first event was the 200 yard medley relay, in the event the Sabercats took first, fourteenth, fifteenth, and nineteenth place. Bayley Stewart, Caraline Baker, Coleen Gillilan, and Kylee Alons, received first place and had a time of 1:43.22. Mia Strong, Riley Green, Emma Stahl, and Pheobe Huey, came in fourteenth place and had a time of 1:54:95. In fifthteen place was Kara Trombley, Mahala Erlandson, Jaidyn Nelson, and Elizabeth Mitchell, they all had a time of 1:57.83. Zara Alkaff, Julia Ross, Julia Petrino, and Georgia Ewer had a time of 2:01.35 and ended up in nineteenth place.

The second event was the 200 yard freestyle, fourth, and fifteenth, eighteenth, twentieth,twenty first, and twenty third place was won by the Sabercats. Bayley Stewart had a time of 1:56.86 and placed fourth, Emily Rinker placed fifteenth with a time of 2:03.49. Julia Petrino had a time of  2:02.65 and received eighteenth place, Summer Siverts ended up in twentieth place and had a time of 2:03.02. In twenty first place was Elizabeth Mitchell who had a time of 2:05.15, Zara Alkaff had a time of 2:04.40 and twenty third place.

The third event was the 200 yard IM, the Sabercats received first, second, sixth, tenth, and thirteenth place. Kylee Alons had a time of 2:03.18, and placed first. With a time of 2:11.17, Andrea Niemann placed second, and Mahala Erlandson placed sixth with a time of 2:15.00. Jaidyn Nelson had a time of 2:19.96 and ended up in tenth place. Stefanie Pfahnl received thirteenth place, with a time of 2:22.39.

The fourth event was the 50 yard freestyle, Fossil took second, seventh, tenth, and eleventh. Coleen Gillilan received second place with a time of 23.84, and Madeleine Mason took seventh place finishing with a time of 25.54. Emma Stahl had a time of 25.55 and received tenth place, and Phoebe Huey finished in eleventh place with a time of 25.72. The fifth event was the one mtr diving competition. Lexi Dellinger earned Fossil 281.30 points and was in fifth place. Brooke Shimmles placed seventh and earned 275.25, and Aspen Warnygora received 248.70 points and took tenth place.

Congratulations to the girls swimming and diving team, winning conference 10 years in a row is a huge accomplishment. The final meet for the season is the state meet, this upcoming Friday and Saturday. Make sure to wish the Sabercat swimmers good luck at the state meet.