Fossil beats first district rival of the season

The team cheers before playing at home Photo Credit: Olivia Doro

Olivia Doro

After a brief opening to the girls soccer season before spring break the Fossil Ridge High School varsity team beat Northglenn High School in a 3-0 shutout. Coming back from spring break full swing the girls took to their home field Thursday, March 22 to play district rival Poudre High School. The game resulted in a victory from Fossil 2-1 and senior Kylie Metcalf, #11, was voted Player of the Game.

This second win puts the girls undefeated in the beginning of their season 2-0. With such strong seniors currently dominating the field Fossil looks good making it to the playoffs and beyond. Senior captains, Kenady Adams and Haley Rockwell have both committed to play soccer with Adams going to Iowa State University and Rockwell going to University of Northern Colorado in the fall. Other college commits include Emily and Julie Brey who will further their soccer and educational pursuits together at Colorado State University Pueblo, Rachel Boyle is going to Adams State University, Victoria Graham is going to California State University, Chico, Reaghan Lang is going to Texas A&M Corpus Christi, Kylie Metcalf is going to Tufts University, and Shreya Pandit is going to MIT.

Come out and support the girls in their season as they play Greeley West High School next Tuesday, March 27 at 4:30 P.M.