Celebration for further education

Jaclyn Ambrose

It’s the end of the school year, and numerous seniors are graduating and launching themselves into their post graduation plans; on Wednesday, May 2 seniors who committed to any program that is to further the students education such as community colleges, universities, certification programs, military enrollment, or any other education beyond high school are to be celebrated during late start, 8:00-9:30 am, in the commons at Fossil Ridge High School.

Seniors who are attending are given the opportunity for a mock signing such as those who receiving signing days at the school for either academics, sports, or even at Fossil’s scholarship gala. Matt Murphy says that, “this is a day for seniors to celebrate any post grad plans, it doesn’t matter if you’re attending Front Range or Harvard, this is for every senior to celebrate their future.” Murphy is hoping for the event to inspire underclassmen to continue their education after high school.

This will be one of Fossil’s first signing days, so the expected turnout is undetermined. Things to bring in students include a whole bunch of spirit gear from numerous Colorado universities such as UNC Greeley, CSU, CU, and more. The counseling committee planning the event is also planning for a photo booth, run by Etched in Stone, where students can strike a pose with their friends or future classmates at their to-be school.

College Signing day is to be a day of celebration for all seniors furthering their education, and to strike inspiration into younger classmen to also further their education. Murphy is looking forward to the event as a hopeful success for the first year, one that will hopefully become a tradition that Sabercats will encourage one another to participate in.