Crowded hallways

Crowded hallways

Have you tried to walk through the hallways lately? It’s a little crazy. No, crazy is an understatement. It’s insane! Students get thrown into a large throng of people and we feel like there is no way out. We’re being shoved and rammed into other people, and it’s basically impossible for anyone to walk in the hallway without brushing shoulders with strangers.

Each year, the school gets bigger. And as a senior, I (along with many other senior) find this growth rather frustrating.  Senior Caleb Gustin said, “I cannot believe how many kids we have here. The first day of school, while trying to walk through the hallways, I thought ‘this is nuts’.”

It is nuts. But Gustin states a pressing problem that is not going to go away all year. “This is what’s wrong: the administration put my locker in the west locker bay and every class I have is on the east side of the school. Even though we are seniors, we did not get to choose where our lockers were.”

Even though we have longer passing periods on block days, they feel about the same as passing periods on Mondays. Five minutes? Come on! That’s not even enough time to go the bathroom, or go to our lockers! This school is huge. And trying to go to the bathroom or the locker and get to class on time? Not going to happen. “Mondays with five-minute passing periods are insane because I have classes in the art wing, in the science wing, upstairs for Spanish, and all of my classes in the East wing,” Gustin said.

But it gets worse. “On a recent Monday, it took me four minutes to pass through the media hallway on my way to class. So I had one minute to go to my locker and back to the east wing for class. I spent four minutes in one hallway. No one’s got time for that.”

Gustin concluded, “Maybe I already got senioritis walking through the halls.” Well said.

SaberCats, please do everyone a favor, and use your legs to walk peacefully and quickly through the halls.

$100
$1000