Homecoming  2015: An Intergalactic Adventure

Homecoming 2015: An Intergalactic Adventure

IMG_5971 (2)

A long time ago (OK, last week) in a galaxy far, far away (OK, Ft. Collins) Fossil Ridge took a trip through space as homecoming week was in full swing. The theme for this year’s out of this world homecoming took students on an intergalactic journey as they went “Shooting through the stars.”

The week commenced with Pajama day, modeled in full dress by Dan Stubbs (grade 12) below. Students were seen in a wide array of otherworldly onesies and pajama pants.

The second of these cosmic days was focused on America; with people donning American flag pants, shirt, scarves, socks and headbands as modeled by Jesse Goldstone (12).

The third day said ALOHA! With Hawaiian themed wear. Hawaiian flowers were everywhere last Wednesday with leis, Hawaiian shirts, skirts and hats making a tropical debut. Modeled here by Kierra Vaughn (12) and Kaitlynn Schmurr (12).

The universe was represented in a space themed day to match this year’s theme with Star Wars, Star Trek and space themed clothes that helped bring the “Shooting through the stars” theme to the students.

The final day of spirit week had students dusting off their spirit gear for Fossil day that focused on school spirit. The students wore school colors; green silver and black and outfits that let students say “I am proud to be a sabercat.”

Students donned their Hawaiian gear once again at the football game Friday night. Fossil Ridge played Mountain Range at French field and won the game 28-0.The game attracted a fantastic turnout of students and supporters who helped the cats reach their current season record of 2-1.

The dance was bright and shiny just like the theme as the students spent a night in space surrounded by planets and shooting stars. All of Fossil got together this week to celebrate one of the most looked forward to events of the year.