Winding down the season taking fourth in state.

To wrap up the boy’s golf season, four of the players went to the Fort Collins Country Club and ended up taking fourth place over all. There were 13 teams in attendance from all over Colorado and four players from each team. They played two days, October 5th and 6th, playing 18 holes each day making that a total of 32 holes.

The players from Fossil Ridge who competed in state were Noah Brownell a senior, Matt Atkins, also a senior, Josh Caridi, a sophomore, and Dillion Stewart a freshman. The first day Brownell shot a 75, Atkins  77, Caridi  72, and Dillon ending the day with a 74. With the results, the SaberCats were two strokes behind Lakewood and Regis Jesuit standing at third place on day one.

Caridi states “I felt great about the season, it was awesome! I would say the highlight of my season would be shooting a 66 at Highland Meadows.  Also taking 5th at state shooting 72 on the first day and 72 on the second day.”

On the second day Brownell shot a 76, Atkins shot an 82, Caridi with a 72, and Stewart finishing with a 76. Before state Mr. Stevens, the golf coach said “I think we do have an outside chance of winning, with top 5 being a very realistic goal!” With that said the boys achieved the goal of placing in one of the top five spots.

(Left to right: Mr. Menefee, Noah Brownell, Josh Caridi, Matt Arkins, Dillion Stewart, and Mr. Stevens)