Preaching to the choir

Preaching to the choir

[slideshow_deploy id=’11636′]

By Jacob Stewart and Greenley Slater

Photos by Alyssa Ankney and Jacob Stewart

On Thursday, November 5, the Fossil Ridge Choir participated in the Choral Celebration, which was a gathering of numerous high school choirs throughout the state for a clinic sponsored by CU Denver. Hope Daly states that the overall experience was “exhausting but it was nice to visit Denver and get out of school for the performance”.

“It turned out better than I thought it would because we were all nervous with Mr. Garner giving us a new song, but we were able to pull through in the end and the performance exceeded my expectations,” Tina Nguyen mentions after a few days to reflect over the choirs performance. After performing, music professionals critiqued the choir, assisting them with their mistakes. Nguyen also adds “I feel good about our performance and I’m glad to have been given the chance to perform”.

Despite having a few things to work on, including not putting enough energy into the performance, they carried themselves well, were in tune, and were just as good, if not better, than the competing schools. Even after the good results, Daly says “I feel good about my performance but I still have room for improvement”. Everyone was pleased with the results, and the students had lots of energy and excitement on the bus ride home. The next choir concert will be held at Fossil in December, and they would love to see support from all Sabercats.

$100
$1000