Humans of Fossil: Zoe Bartel

Humans of Fossil: Zoe Bartel

Photo credit: Zoe Bartel

Outdoorsy, cheerful, optimistic, and quiet are four words Zoe Bartel, a sophomore at Fossil Ridge High School would use to describe herself. Born in Scottsdale, Arizona Bartel moved to Colorado in 2010 as a fourth grader. She was born October, 3rd 2000, Bartel is very young from her age but she says she enjoys the grade that she is in now. Bartel has a younger brother, Zach who is in 8th grade, and lives with her mother and father. Her mom is a lawyer at Woodward in Fort Collins, and her dad works from home. “It’s pretty fun having my dad work from home because he gets to take us skiing all the time, which we do every weekend that we can.” stated Bartel. She doesn’t have any relatives in Colorado, all of her relatives live everywhere else besides Colorado.

To take up some of Bartel’s free time she swims and loves to go skiing with her friends and family. For one of Bartel’s swim meets she attended in Sana cleric Gran pari over the summer and had a conversation with Michele Phelps. “Michel Phelps and Bob Bommin were on the edge of the warm up pool, while we were swimming. We were messing around because it was the last day. In the diving wall there was a photographer under neither the water in a little window, and he was taking pictures of us so we were jumping up and down. Then Michel Phelps and Bob Bommin were just looking at us laughing.” Bartel has also attended the junior’s nationals three times now and she will be going again on the 9th of December. This summer Bartel will also go to two Olympic trial cuts, for a qualifying meet for the Olympics.

Having a love for skiing Bartel would enjoy working for an outdoor tech company after she graduates college. “I would love to work anywhere that I could ski all day long.” spoke Bartel. She also likes to travel with her family, “I would go everywhere around the world if I could travel anywhere. Specifically I would want to go to Revelstoke, Canada. Mainly because I have been wanting to go for a very long time for places to go ski. It’s supposed to be awesome there.” stated Bartel. She has also been to many places in the U.S and the Caribbean. Last winter Bartel and her family went sailing around the islands throughout winter break. With high hopes of going to Stanford for college on an academic or swimming scholarship, Bartel is looking forward to the rest of her high school journey.