Painting a picture of AP Studio Art

Painting a picture of AP Studio Art

[slideshow_deploy id=’15263′]

AP Studio Art is a senior class for numerous Fossil Ridge High School art students that’s about building and improving upon personal portfolios. Senior students are looking forward to the year of making their art skills better and getting to make more projects for themselves and Fossil.

To some of the students in AP Studio it is more about having the power in the assignment as opposed to given one where it’s more of an outlined project, “it gives more power to the artist,” says Maddie Pattine. It was explained as: here is a new skill, now incorporate it into your next project through any medium. “It does cause some artist blocks,” states Olivia Carter, “but we all have our own ways of getting out of them.”

Mrs. Lemmon, the AP Studio Art teacher, shares a good connection with her; just about any student at Fossil who had or has her smiles at her name. “She knows that we all have our individual artistic process,” says Pattine “she really cares about her students.” Lemmon is also willing to help on numerous projects no matter what art form. “She is willing to help us with anything on any project,” states Jake Martin. According to her students, Lemmon makes them try everything. By everything, she means art forms that are not the students’ normal form, the students explain how it is more about exploring something new in case they fall in love with a new technique to enhance their skills.

Feelings portrayed through art is something that was debunked. The students think that art is something that has to be created in the mind first before it’s placed into its creative medium, “It’s more about the journey that I go through while making it,” says Pattine. As for Jake Martin, a digital design artist, art for him is, “What I think is cool, or something that can be used for a logo.” All artist have their own way of portraying feeling even if a viewer finds it hard to see or understand.

Fossil’s AP Studio art classes are well-looked forward to expanding a portfolio showcasing their artwork.

View Comments (1)
$100
$1000