Tennis takes on poudre

The Fossil Ridge High School tennis team took on Poudre High School at home on Thursday, September 15. The team had a decisive win beating Poudre 7-0, not dropping a single set. “I was very impressed with the effort and performance of my team this afternoon,” reclaimed head coach, Steve Schultz.

Seniors, Aaron Hargis and Cameron Salz played the third doubles match.  “It was a great way to end the weekend.” reclaimed Salz. “My partner Aaron and I really enjoy playing doubles together. Not only that, but I feel like Aaron and I have improved our skills dramatically this season.” Hargis explained, “my season has been great so far with Cameron, I would recommend this sport to anyone in a heartbeat because it’s so much fun.” Salz and Hargis went on to win their first set 6-2 and 6-0 in the second set.

Arjun Gupta, senior, was the only player on Thursday that did not drop a single play ending him with 6-0 for both sets.

Senior, Brandon Krzyzkowski, sophomore, Tyler Li ended the match going 6-0 in the their first set and 6-1 in their second.  

tennis-3