Fossil tennis team dominates Collins

Fossil tennis team dominates Collins

img_0025

On Thursday, September 22, Fossil Ridge High School’s tennis team went 7-0 not dropping a single set blowing Fort Collins High School out of the water.

The first singles game was won by Jackson Holland against junior at Fort Collins, James Hunsinger.. The first set ended with Holland winning 6-4. The second set ended with Holland shutting out Hunsinger 6-0.

Game number two and three were won by Fossil’s Arjun Guptaand Akhil Gupta. Arjun Gupta went up against senior, Trae Beneck. The first and second sets were won by Arjun 6-1. On the other hand, Akhil Gupta played against Eric Bockhaus, senior at Collins. Akhil Gupta won the first set 6-4 and performing better the second set winning against Bockhaus 6-1.

Fossil’s Tim Sunset and Charlie Johnsonplayed the first doubles match of the day. Sunset and Johnson faced off against sophomores Christian Dykson and Patrick Faust. The first set ended 6-2 giving Sunset and Johnson an edge for the next round. Set two was completed with a completion score of 6-3.

Evan Diehl and Drew Schneider gave Fossil another match win against senior, Daniel Crane and sophomore, Nathan Sima. The first and second sets were won by Diehl and Schneider with the final scores of 6-2.  

Fossil’s Aaron Hargis and Cameron Salz played the third double of the afternoon playing against  freshman, Ben Poulsen and sophomore, Ethan Fang. The first set ended with a 6-0 shutout,  and an easy second win of 6-1.

The final match was played by Fossil’s Tyler Li and Brandon Krzyszkowski. They were matched up against Collins players Josh Laskie and Alex Doherty. The first set ended with Li and Krzyszkowski upsetting Laskie and Doherty 6-2. The second set ended 6-3, giving the Fossil tennis team a total score of 7-0 .