100 Meter Start Line on Red Eight Lanes Running Track
Getty Images

Running into the spring track and field season

The Runner’s Roost meet was the first track and field meet of the season for Fossil Ridge High School’s team. The meet was held on Saturday, March 25 at French Field. All four intown schools participated. The female team placed fourth with 57.7857 points out of twenty-two teams and the male team placed second with 75.5 points out of twenty-three teams.

The Sabercat to watch at the meet was Dylan Ko. He is a long distance runner that made a statement for Fossil Ridge in his two events; 1600 meter run and 3200 meter run. Ko placed first in the 1600 meter run and second in the 3200 meter run, placing the highest for the Sabercats for both girls and boys.

For the individual events, there was seven other athletes that placed in the top four in their events. Promise Butler placed third in the girls 800 meter run. Destiny Butler placed third in the girls 300 meter hurdles. Sheridan Davis had a successful meet, placing third in the 100 meter hurdles and fourth in the 300 meter hurdles. Davis was also part of the 4 by 400 meter relay that placed fourth. She competed with Julia Ross, Tanner Robinson and Aubrey Leonard. For the boys individual events, Matt Hubert placed third in the 1600 meter run. Luke Brannen placed fourth in the 110 meter hurdles. Donovan Murphee placed fourth in long jump. Kyle Biehl placed third in shot put.

Fossil relay teams were also successful at the meet. The girls 4 by 200 meter relay team that consists of Tanner Robinson, Molly Grigsby, Marley Champion and Ashley Steffeck placed fourth. Blake Hubert, Andrew Hunt, Johnny Lammons and Hugh Withers placed third in the boys 4 by 800 meter relay.

The track and field team will compete next at Broomfield High School on Friday, March 31.

$100
$1000