Sophie Smith follows Jaelin Howell to Texas with the Women’s National Team

The breathtaking Fossil Ridge High School duo, Sophie Smith and Jaelin Howell continue to shock the nation as they make it into the top level of soccer. On Friday, March 31 Smith got called up to join Howell and the Women’s National Soccer Team in their training camp and two friendlies against Russia.

Smith has been the player to watch in the past seven weeks. In England when she was competing with the U18 National Team, she scored five goals in three games which lead her to get asked to play with the U20 National Team in Spain. Smith joined the U20 team in Spain and scored four goals in three games. According to US Soccer, Smith scored the most goals over six consecutive international games for any US Youth Women’s National Team. This got the attention of the head coach for the Women’s National Team, Jill Ellis.

Due to two more injuries from Morgan Brian and Tobin Heath, a spot opened up and Smith gladly took it. Like Howell, she will miss the third game for the U23 National Team in Portland, Oregon to participate in the training camp with the Women’s National Team.

Good luck to these two Sabercats as they take on the Women’s National Team and represent the state of Colorado.

$100
$1000