Timnath Chick-fil-a Opens

Photo Credit: Tess Allen

Photo Credit: Tess Allen

Photo Credit: Tess Allen

Tess Allen

Chick-fil-a, Timnath’s newest fast-food restaurant, opened January 17 across from Costco on Harmony Road.

Chick-fil-a is a very loved restaurant for many high school students, but with the only one in town being 20 minutes away, it is almost impossible for Fossil Ridge High School students to make it there and back in time for class. The announcement of the Timnath Chick-fil-a excited many students at Fossil because it is only about a 5 minute drive to get there. When asked how the new Chick-fil-a impacts her, Madison Booton said, “It’s pretty exciting because now I can go for lunch. They are going to get more people to come to this location because it is close to a high school so it will get lots of business. Also, they are accepting job applications so a lot of people from Fossil could get a good and close job.”

The original plan was for the fast-food joint to open on January 11, but due to having to find employees and train them, they changed the opening date.The Fossil Symphony Orchestra planned on playing at the ribbon cutting ceremony at 9:00 AM, and would have played works such as the Star Spangled Banner, the Shostakovich Waltz No. 2, and “Don’t Stop Believing”. However due to the cold weather that could have potentially caused thousands of dollars worth of damage to the instruments, Mr. Silvestri, the director of the Fossil orchestras, canceled the event. When asked what he thinks about the cancellation, Sasha Chappell, who is in Symphony Orchestra, said “I’m very glad but also very disappointed. I’m very glad because my instrument and bow is worth a lot of money and they would have broken during this concert. I’m also disappointed because Chick-fil-a is my favorite fast-food place, and I was excited to go and play for something that I was interested in.”

The new Chick-fil-a will impact a lot of high schooler’s everyday lunch routine and it is a great addition to Timnath.

About the Writer
Tess Allen, Staff Writer
Junior Tess Allen is in her first year of journalism but has been writing articles for five years now. Her favorite thing to write about is opinion articles and student features. Tess is really enjoying her first year of journalism and will definitely take the class next year too. Besides journalism, Tess has been the...