Professional improv group spreads laughter at Fossil

In the mood for a good laugh?
Yes! And… Want to see a professional comedy show?
Yes! And.. Is it nearby?
Yes! And… Does it support students at my school?
Yes!
And?  

A premium improvisation group much more skilled at the “Yes, and” game, called the Comedy Brewers, will be performing at Fossil Ridge High School on Friday, February 9. Based out of Fort Collins, the Comedy Brewers travel all across Colorado selling out shows on a regular basis. Though Fossil’s improv group has completed workshops with the Comedy Brewers, no students will perform at the event. According to Mrs. Kochis, the group’s shows are typically, “hilarious and will play to all ages and genres of humor.”

Fossil’s Improv and Musical team is organizing the event as a fundraiser for multiple areas throughout the drama and arts department. Funds will go to costumes for the spring musical, Big Fish, LED lights that will be safe for theatre technicians to use, scholarships for theatre students, and the refurbishing of expensive wireless microphones. Additionally, they hope to improve the infrastructure of Fossil’s auditorium, which will directly benefit all students involved in the arts at Fossil, students who attend assemblies and events held in the auditorium, and organizations that use the auditorium outside of school hours.  

Tickets for the event are $12, half the usual cost of a Comedy Brewers show. They can be purchased at frhs.booktix.com or at the door the night of the event.