The Vampire Diaries as a new Summer TV Show

Warner Bros Production

Mercedes Harris

Photo Credit: Warner Brothers Production

The Vampire Diaries, referred as TVD, is a major TV show in the romance department and follows the love triangle relationship. You will find yourself not being able to put your phone down to do anything; this show will make you see things differently. You will look through the eyes of the main character, Elena Gilbert, who falls into the love triangle with two vampire brothers who both are in love with her. She finds herself needing to choose between them. This show will never get old and will make you fall in love with the characters, the story, the setting, and more.

Throughout watching this show I have experienced many emotions – sadness, love, hurt, passion, hatred, anger and more. This show expresses the image of supernatural, which includes vampires, witches, hybrids, werewolves, and doppelgangers. They do keep the idea of supernatural in mind, along with the idea that it’s not real, but also throughout the show they made it very realistic, which encouraged my watching.

They keep the show on a very fast pace plot and have events happen to the characters frequently. If you are looking for a long tv show, with events that keep you on your feet, TVD is definitely the show for you. I have fallen so in love with this show that I went to their convention show, met all the characters, and took pictures with the Salvatore brothers.That was the best gift in my life – I woke up for my fourteenth birthday and my parents took me and my sister to Chicago specifically to meet the characters from The Vampire Diaries.

When I started to watch The Vampire Diaries and I clicked on the pilot episode, I was expecting to watch about five episodes and be done. However, within 5 minutes of watching this show I felt this rush go through me, as if I were the character. If you have seen the Twilight series or the tv show Supernatural you will love this show.

Although about the first five episodes are simply episodes of explaining, you have to focus on the romance and the drama that occurs, and then it gets to the point that it’s hard to put your phone down to do anything. The show just gets better and better, as events happen that keep you on your toes.

There is a sequel/spin off of the show called The Originals starring characters that you will meet further into the show and based off of what happens to them. I highly recommend this show and guarantee that you will love it, especially if you are looking for a summer TV show that has the romance, the drama, and the supernatural effect.

About the Writer
Mercedes Harris, Staff Writer

Fossil Ridge High School freshman Mercedes Harris is in her first year of Journalism for Etched in Stone (EIS). Harris joined Journalism after she decided becoming a fashion designer was in her future and wanted to write about fashion. Her fervor for fashion has gotten her excited to become a writer, to cover the newest styles and trends. Harris plans on writing for the Academics beat and a little bit of on her own things.

Other things Harris loves outside of school are kickboxing, watching her favorite show the Vampire Diaries (TVD) or Stranger Things, shopping, sketching in her fashion design notebook, and acting. After high school, Harris is planning on going into the fashion business. She is planning on attending the Laboratory Institute of Merchandise, a fashion school in New York. Harris is also interested in becoming an actor and a wedding planner. She mostly designs dresses but is open to anything that comes to mind.

Being Native Hawaiian, Harris travels a lot to her hometown Oahu, Aiea to see her family and be at her favorite beach, Waikiki. She has an identical twin sister and an older brother. Her style comes from her favorite stores, Free People, and the Buckle, and her favorite music is country.

Harris gets with her friends and family a lot to watch movies and play cards – her favorite is called Push. Harris who is in her first year of high school has decided that she wants to be more open to opportunities and wants to make her years of high school memorable.