The Vampire Diaries as a new Summer TV Show

Warner Bros Production

Mercedes Harris

Photo Credit: Warner Brothers Production

The Vampire Diaries, referred as TVD, is a major TV show in the romance department and follows the love triangle relationship. You will find yourself not being able to put your phone down to do anything; this show will make you see things differently. You will look through the eyes of the main character, Elena Gilbert, who falls into the love triangle with two vampire brothers who both are in love with her. She finds herself needing to choose between them. This show will never get old and will make you fall in love with the characters, the story, the setting, and more.

Throughout watching this show I have experienced many emotions – sadness, love, hurt, passion, hatred, anger and more. This show expresses the image of supernatural, which includes vampires, witches, hybrids, werewolves, and doppelgangers. They do keep the idea of supernatural in mind, along with the idea that it’s not real, but also throughout the show they made it very realistic, which encouraged my watching.

They keep the show on a very fast pace plot and have events happen to the characters frequently. If you are looking for a long tv show, with events that keep you on your feet, TVD is definitely the show for you. I have fallen so in love with this show that I went to their convention show, met all the characters, and took pictures with the Salvatore brothers.That was the best gift in my life – I woke up for my fourteenth birthday and my parents took me and my sister to Chicago specifically to meet the characters from The Vampire Diaries.

When I started to watch The Vampire Diaries and I clicked on the pilot episode, I was expecting to watch about five episodes and be done. However, within 5 minutes of watching this show I felt this rush go through me, as if I were the character. If you have seen the Twilight series or the tv show Supernatural you will love this show.

Although about the first five episodes are simply episodes of explaining, you have to focus on the romance and the drama that occurs, and then it gets to the point that it’s hard to put your phone down to do anything. The show just gets better and better, as events happen that keep you on your toes.

There is a sequel/spin off of the show called The Originals starring characters that you will meet further into the show and based off of what happens to them. I highly recommend this show and guarantee that you will love it, especially if you are looking for a summer TV show that has the romance, the drama, and the supernatural effect.

About the Writer
Mercedes Harris, Staff Writer

Fossil Ridge High School freshman Mercedes Harris is in her first year of Journalism for Etched in Stone (EIS). Harris joined Journalism after she decided...