Fossil Boys Swimming and Diving team has high hopes for the State Competition after winning the Conference meet.

Abby Bordewick

Friday, May 11 and Saturday, May 12 were the two days that Fossil Ridge High School Boys swimming and diving competed at the Front Range League Conference Meet. Thirteen different teams competed and the Sabercats placed first. Below is a list of all the high schools that competed final scores.

Fossil Ridge High School: 908.5 pts.

Rocky Mountain High School: 602 pts.

Greeley West High School: 546 pts.

Fort Collins High School: 370.5pts.

Broomfield High School: 350 pts.

Monarch High School: 331pts.

Loveland High School: 318 pts.

Legacy High School: 315 pts.

Mountain Range High School: 287 pts.

Boulder High School: 257 pts.

Fairview High School: 210 pts.

Horizon High School: 102 pts.

Poudre High School: 62 pts.

The second event was the 200 freestyle, Fossil placed first, third, fourth, and fourteenth in this race. Danny Kovac had a time of 1:42.13 and placed first, receiving a total of 27 points. Lars Worlund received third place with a time of 1:43.69, earning 26 points. Richard Dauksher placed fourth with a time of 1:43.89 and was rewarded with 25 points. Christian Conrady had a time of 1:50.77 and received fourteenth place, Conrady received 13 points. Just from this event the Sabercats earned a total of 91 points.

The third event was the 200 IM, Fossil placed third, fourth, fifth, and eighth. Zach Bartel had a time of 1:58.91 and received third place, Bartel earned 26 points. Cole Glover placed fourth and had a time of 1:59.64, earning 25 points for Fossil. JJ Holt had a time of 2:00.15 and received fifth place, Holt was awarded with 24 points. Matyi Mayo came in eighth place with a time of 2:04.72 and received 21 points. The swimmers had a total of 96 points from this event.

The seventh event was the 100 freestyle, the Sabercats took second, eighth, and eleventh place. Matt Geraghty received second place with a time of 47.59, he earned the team 27 points. Christian Conrady had a time of 50.42 and placed eighth, he earned a total of 21 points.Sasha Chappell finished in eleventh place with a time of 50.06, Chappell earned 16 points for Fossil. From this event the Sabercats earned 64 points in total.

“Conference didn’t go exactly how I wanted it to go when swimming in my event. However, it was a good check in to see where I was and what adjustments I needed to make to prepare for state. The team did really well at conference, so we have high hopes for the state competition.” Matt Geraghty. The state competition is May 18 and 19. Congratulations to the Boys Swimming and Diving team getting first place at conference.