Sabercats sing into season

The Sabercat Singers wow the audience

The Sabercat Singers wow the audience

Tess Allen

Tess Allen

The Sabercat Singers wow the audience

Tess Allen, Arts Beat Leader

Fossil Ridge High School’s Choir program held their first concert of the year on October 8 at 6:30 p.m. in the Performing Arts Center. All six choirs performed at least three songs each. The order was Sabercat Singers, Women’s Choir, Chamber Choir, Vox Femina, Men’s Choir, and, to finish it off, Tenth Bass. The concert lasted for about 45 minutes, but the audience was never bored; there was always beautiful music moving through the PAC.

Sabercat Singers started off the night with “Fire!” by Gimon, “O My Love’s Like a Red, Red Rose” by Rene Clausen, “The Pasture” by Z. Randall Stroope, and “Can You Hear?” by Jim Papoulis. Women’s Choir sang “Be the Bird” by Abbie Betinis, “Birdsong” by Paul Read, “Bonnie Wood Green” by Stephen Hatfield, and “Tres Canciones de los Elementos” by Victor C. Johnson. Chamber Choir then continued with “The Runner” by Joshua Rist, “When David Heard” by Richard Buchard, and “The Tree of Peace” by Gwyneth Walker. Vox Femina sang “Maggie & Millie & Molly & May” by Joan Szymoko, “Weep no more” by David N Childs, “Esurientes” by John Rutter, and “Storm Comin” by Ruth Moody. Men’s Choir then sang “Jonah!” by Rolo Dilworth, “Kansas City Kitty” by Jacob Narverued, and “Canst Thou Love Me Lady” by Andrea Ramsey. Tenth Bass finished off the concert by singing “Don’t” by Ed Sheeran, “Dangerous Woman” by Ariana Grande, “Creep” by Radiohead, and “Sweet Nothing” by Zedd.

“I think the concert went really well, especially considering it was the first one of the year! People really brought their best and it can only get better from here!” said senior Megan Bean, who is in Jazz Choir and Vox Femina.

The live stream of the concert can be found on Ridge TV’s Youtube page or here.

About the Contributor
Tess Allen, Arts Beat Leader

Tess Allen, a senior, is very excited for her second year of journalism. Allen is serving this year as the Art beat leader and is a huge contributor to the paper. She says that her favorite types of articles to write are either Op-Eds or Art articles.

While being very involved in the paper she is also involved in lots of things outside of school. Allen manages the boys basketball team in the fall which she says she really enjoys. She also want to be a social worker when she gets out of college. She isn’t sure where she wants to go exactly but she hopes to go to Kansas University, Trinity University, Sam Houston University, or Northern Arizona University.

Allen lives with her mom, dad, two sisters, as well as two dogs and a cat. Allen says that she really enjoys spending time with her sisters Lucy, a sophomore, and Ruby who is in 6th grade. Allen says that she enjoys lots of different kinds of music but her favorite artist is Billie Eilish.