Girls Basketball Returns to the State Playoffs

The+Lady+Sabercats+jumping+into+the+playoffs.+

Tyler.Paige Photography

The Lady Sabercats jumping into the playoffs.

Macy Klein, Sports Journalist

The Fossil Ridge High School girls’ basketball team has returned to the state playoffs after an strong season with a overall record of 20-4 and a conference record of 11-1. The Lady Sabercats also had a three way tie for Conference Champions with Horizon and Broomfield. The Sabercats are ranked 5th in the CHSAA bracket for the playoffs.

The girls’ basketball team had a bye in the first round of the playoffs then hosted a home playoff game on Friday, February 22 against Denver South. The Lady Sabercats shut down their opponent down from the beginning, scoring 23 points in the first quarter. The Sabercats were very consistent throughout the game in terms of scoring and ended with a win,

81-54.

The lady sabercats will have another home playoff game against Mountain Vista on Tuesday, February 26 at 6:30 p.m.

Mountain Vista is a fast and scrappy team that likes to play pressure defense on the point guards and are good at advancing the ball down the court. The Sabercats have prepared well with their long, hard practices and film watching. If the Sabercats win their playoff game on Tuesday, they will advance to the Denver Coliseum to play in the Great Eight on Friday.

The Fossil Ridge High School girls’ basketball is expecting lots of student support. Be there to support your Lady Sabercats at home on Tuesday, February 26.