Opinion: Firehouse Subs

Back to Article
Back to Article

Opinion: Firehouse Subs

Jacob Stone, photographer

Firehouse Subs is a sandwich shop in Fort Collins, Colorado. They are known for their toasted subs and specifically the turkey bacon ranch. According to Sofia Wojtal, a former employee, they sell 20% more of that sandwich than anything else. The turkey bacon ranch consists of turkey, cheddar, bacon, ranch, tomato, lettuce, onions, mayonnaise, and spicy mustard. I decided to order that because it was the most popular. The bread was crunchy outside but soft inside and everything looked amazing. I took a bite of the sandwich and was kind of surprised. It was like a grenade of different flavors—although, in all honesty, I mostly tasted mayonnaise and mustard. There was too much sauce on it for me, but overall, I thought it was a good sandwich. My experience there was very good. All of the employees seemed nice and no one had an attitude toward me or anyone else while I was present. After interviewing, Sof , an employee, I found out they purposefully put more lettuce on sandwiches to make them look more full than they really are.

Sofia also said “Firehouse was a generally great place to work. The people I worked with were fun and made the environment a fun place to be. I highly recommend working there if you have a lot of free time because they require a lot of hands at once. It is a great summer job for teens that have a good work ethic. It is also very easy to move up the chain and everyone there is very supportive and understanding.”

Firehouse also serves more than just sandwiches, including salads, chips, chili, cookies, and drinks.  After going to and reviewing the restaurant I would recommend it. However, ask for light lettuce as well as light sauce unless you enjoy a bit more than normal.

About the Writer
Jacob Stone, Photographer

Jacob Stone is a junior at Fossil Ridge High School and is in his first year of journalism. While in journalism, he would like to work with photography...

2 Comments

2 Responses to “Opinion: Firehouse Subs”

1. Payton Lee on May 7th, 2019 1:09 pm

Future professional at Vox Media right here

2. Trent Ashton on May 13th, 2019 12:03 pm

There is no spicy mustard on the Turkey Bacon Ranch, ‘The turkey bacon ranch consists of turkey, cheddar, bacon, ranch, tomato, lettuce, onions, mayonnaise, and spicy mustard”, the ranch actually substitutes it. So I’m not sure what you meant when you said, “I mostly tasted mayonnaise and mustard”. Some may comment when they want extra mustard on their sub, because it’s only 1 then line across the length of the bread that may be overpowered by bacon, tomato, and even mayonnaise, but usually not because they tasted it more than the meat with vegetables. Also, I have checked with the owner on your statement when you said, “they purposefully put more lettuce on sandwiches to make them look more full than they really are” and I’m sorry to say, that is a false claim. I check my email frequently, so feel free to email me about my comment, it’s much appreciated. Have a nice day, thank you for your great review on this fast-food restaurant.

• Opinion: Firehouse Subs

2018

Sabertcat Stories: Jacquelyn Speight

• Opinion: Firehouse Subs

2018

AP Art Showcase paints a picture of Fossil talent

• Opinion: Firehouse Subs

2018

The owls of Fort Collins

• Opinion: Firehouse Subs

2018

Fossil Baseball’s Redemption against Poudre

• Opinion: Firehouse Subs

2018

Senior Prom at Rigden Farms

• Opinion: Firehouse Subs

2018

Seeing Double

• Opinion: Firehouse Subs

2018

D1 Bound – Fossil Ultimate

• Opinion: Firehouse Subs

2018

2019 NBA Draft Predictions (#1-10)

• Opinion: Firehouse Subs

2018

Sabercat Story: Rachel Cabezas

• 2018

College Signing Day

Opinion: Firehouse Subs