Softball hits a homerun

Softball hits a homerun

20150924_185025

Fossil making a run to first base

Photo taken by Katie Reed

In an exciting game on Tuesday, September 22 Varsity softball crushed it against Horizon. They triumphed in a close score of 7 to 6.  Their winning streak continued on Thursday, September 24, Varsity knocked it out the park with a victory of 11 to 1 against Greeley West. These girls are playing extraordinarily well and are ready to go all the way to state.

JV brought it against Greeley West on Thursday, September 24 with a score of 12 to 0. In Thursday’s JV game freshman, Kristen Reed (number five) hit a home run. Both teams are holding their breath in anticipation to see if they will be able to pull it off and make it to state this year.

As of the games this week Fossil’s softball standings are as follows. According to CHSAA (Colorado High School Activities Association) in the League for Front Range, Fossil is 3-2. Overall Fossil is 8-4-1. Both teams will be playing at Monarch High School on Saturday, September 26. Varsity will be playing at 10 am and JV will be playing at 12 pm.

Following the Monarch games, there will be a home game on Tuesday, September  29 at 4:15 pm for both teams against Poudre High School. They will also have an away game at Centennial Baseball Complex against Loveland High School, held at 4:15 pm on Thursday, October 1.

It’s a big week coming up for the girls softball team so be sure to come out and support them.