Homecoming: A must win

Fossil Ridge High School takes on Highlands Ranch
Photo credit: Amy Borngrebe

The Fossil Ridge High School football team is 0-3, but the Homecoming game on Friday, Sept. 21, versus Eaglecrest High School, is a chance for FRHS to turn its season around. FRHS is playing against an Eaglecrest team that is coming into the game with a record of 2-1 this season. While 0-3, the FRHS team has steadily improved this season loosing by six points in their last outing. They will be looking for their first win of the season in front of a home crowd at French Field at 7:00 p.m.

Defense is the one of the areas that FRHS has steadily improved at over the course of their first three games. In their first game versus Westminster, FRHS gave up 28 points compared to their last game in which they only gave up 19 points to Highlands Ranch. While the FRHS defense is improving their offence has failed to put up points. The FRHS offense is only averaging 14.7 points per game compared to an Eaglecrest team that is averaging 41.7 points per game.

Friday Sept. 21 against Eaglecrest marks the fourth game of FRHS’ season. FRHS is at the half-way point in their nine game season before they begin the playoffs. In order to have a winning record and potentially make the postseason the team needs to win their next five games.

After Friday’s game FRHS will play two of its cross town rivals; Fort Collins High School, and Rocky Mountain High School. Both teams have loosing records as well.