2 Goals 1 Cup

2 Goals 1 Cup

2 GOALS 1 CUP
Photo provided by Mitch Hoog

Fossil Ridge students strongly believe in getting involved with the school, whether it’s for logical purposes or even just to make memories with their fellow students. One of the most important parts of the high school experience is building relationships and creating lifelong memories with lifelong friends.

With the foundation of 2 Goals 1 Cup a couple of years ago, by a group of previous seniors, it has turned into one of the traditional, and just down right hilarious activities some of Fossil’s students are a part of. Mitch Hoog a junior, created the team this year that consists of, Dugan Madrick (jr) Grant Martinez (jr) Ryan Cronin (jr) Bella Alessi (jr) Sophie Smith (sophomore) Evan Bergerson (jr) Brady Morris (jr) Ben Rugh (jr) Zach West (jr) as well as Nick Edridge a junior.

They have only played one game and unfortunately lost 7-9 to an Arsenal Club team. They played an intense game with many fouls being called, and hard tackles coming from both teams. Dugan, gave up a foul and was using card board as shin guards and threw a fit when the ref told him he couldn’t play with card board on his legs. Mitch also had a rough game, after karate kicking an opponent the ref gave him a blue card and sent him off the field for the rest of the game. Although they act like they are taking it seriously, they are just trying to have some fun. That’s what high school’s all about isn’t it?

The purpose of doing this for this group of Sabercats, is just to have a good time. Most of the guys on the team play football and don’t have any experience with soccer, but Mitch also recruited some real players. Both Bella and Sophie play competitive soccer and both played Varsity last year for Fossil. “Having those two out on the field really helps us so that we don’t get killed by every team,” said Mitch. They are excited for their next game and are looking for a Win.

Come out and support them on Sundays at Arena Sports with kick off times ranging between 5-8. They would love your support; come be a part of the school and make memories with your friends.