Humans of Fossil: Chloe Woest

Humans of Fossil: Chloe Woest

[slideshow_deploy id=’11898′]

Color?  “It changes all the time! I’ve notices recently though that I find myself wearing a lot of neutrals, and like to add pops of color to change it up.”

Animal? “Probably giraffes. Or baby elephants. Or even some monkeys. But since I can’t have any of those in my house, puppies always do the trick.”

Smell? “I don’t think I have a favorite smell. Some of the smells I really like are campfire, any sort of breakfast, and chocolate!”

Place? “My favorite far-away place is Jamaica. A little closer, my favorite place is the track. And right at home, my favorite place is anywhere I can be snuggled up with blankets and pillows.”

Guilty pleasure? Ice cream “It’s an unhealthy obsession. Ice cream just solves all my problems, and I can’t remember the last time I ever said no to an offer. I just love it.”

Dream job? “My dream job would be to be paid to travel. It sounds like an impossible dream, but I’ve put some research in, and it’s a real job! Other than that, I would love to do something in the sports world.”

Chloe Woest, a senior who in the past has participated in the district wide gymnastics team, pole vaults for the track team, and is a part of student ambassadors describes herself as a “dedicated student and athlete, a loyal and trustworthy friend, a girl with ambitions and goals in life, and a woman of God working to be a light in as many lives” as she can.

Chloe got her start in sports when she was 5, shortly after her family moved to the United States from South Africa. It was the first real sport she encountered and she fell in love. She spent all her time in the gym for the next 10 years of her life. The sport takes a lot of time and dedication. Making it to a level nine by the time high school came around. Level nine requires being able to perform back flips on the beam, pike tucks on vault, and release moves on the uneven bars, as well as some crazy tumbling passes. She participated as a freshman in the district wide gymnastics team out of Ft. Collins high school, but had to end her career after suffering a head injury. Track and field became a way for Chloe to stay in shape after participating in the middle school track team. Chloe states “I had no idea I would develop such a passion for the sport, and essentially it would become my life for the next couple years, but I am really happy that it did.”

The relationships that have been formed while on the track team, is what Chloe describes as her greatest accomplishment. She feels that getting to know the people and the coaches who are all trying to better their lives as athletes. But also as adults are the best part of being part of such a large team.

Outside of track and field Chloe participates in Student Ambassadors, is a student leader for the Fellowship of Christian Athletes and a member of the math and science National Honors Societies.

Her two sisters have helped and inspired her the most in different ways. Her older sister has been through a lot of the situations that Chloe herself has ended up going through and always knows how to help her and what advice to give. Her younger sister is a constant reminder of joy in her life and shows Chloe daily how much more important the little things are compared to the material things.

Chloe says that “I am a very sociable person and like to make friends with a lot of people, but I would have to say the two most influential people in my life are my two closest friends, Courtney and Kate. They have been there through the ups and the downs, and know me better than anyone. They inspire me in so many ways, and always keep me accountable and in check. I am truly thankful to have the two of them in my life, especially through this high school journey.” She wishes to thank the amazing teachers Fossil has for every subject, as well as all the opportunities that she has been able to be involved with.

Chloe describes her family of five as fun. “We can be the weirdest group of people you’ve ever seen at times, but I love my family so so much. They are such a loving and faithful group of people, always wanting the best for each other, and being there for each other whenever needed, and I wouldn’t trade them for anyone else.”

After her senior year is completed Chloe plans on going to college, where she will hopefully run track and field somewhere warm. She hopes to be able to study abroad in college.  Chloe is a person who enjoys being around others, her personality is a trait that anyone who meets her treasures; future is bright for this aspiring collegiate athlete.