Photo provided by Emily Brey
Photo provided by Emily Brey

Fossil girls basketball sparks the start of something new

Photo provided by Emily Brey
Photo provided by Emily Brey

Fossil Ridge High School is known for its girls basketball records throughout the state, parents and students from other schools have complimented past teams at FRHS this fall and winter and they are predicted to have a great season. Leading up to this season of high school basketball Ben Jenkins commented on the topic, “I’ve heard the teams at Fossil have been strong for the last couple years, so I’m sure that they will be this year again to. Not just on the guys side but the girls too.”

The Sabercat girls Varsity team is playing tomorrow which marks the start of their first tournament this season which will be at Thunder Ridge High School. The tournament runs through the 1,3,5, and 10 of December.  These girls worked very hard last week at tryouts everyday having to do large amounts of conditioning as well as scrimmage play.

The team, after having a strong season last winter, is ready to bring the heat this year. After the addition of a talented freshman, Ashley Steffeck as well as a few skillful underclassmen to the Varsity team, things are turning in an even more positive direction.

Come out and support the girls at their first few games tomorrow at Thunder Ridge, time is to be determined, but they would appreciate the support.