Why buy a yearbook?

Why buy a yearbook?

The editors of the yearbook. Photo Credit: Emilie Babkine

Every year, some students choose to take a class called yearbook production. It’s very self-explanatory – they create the yearbook by going to events, taking pictures, interviewing people and then designing the pages. The aim of this project is to give something to every person who goes to Fossil Ridge High School so they can remember their year.

So why buy a yearbook this year?

1. To remember what happened at school:  

In yearbook, the students try to cover everything that is happening at Fossil whether it is a game or an activity in class. At the end of the year, you can look through it and it will remind you of all the nice and funny things of the school year. As of now some people might not want to remember their high school years, but when they will be older, with kids or not, there may be a chance that they would want to show them that really cool science project or a picture of the prom queen.

1. To look up some people:

Let’s be honest here, who hasn’t looked for somebody in the yearbook? Either because you forgot the name of that girl who was in your math class last year or you want to know who that cute guy you saw in the hallway was, your yearbook will always be there to help you. Anyone can find the name of an old friend and reconnect with them.  

1. To make fun of school pictures:

Moment of truth here, nobody looks nice on their school picture. And the only way you can look at yours without paying to get a printed version and at other people’s is by buying a yearbook. It’s also useful if you want to see how pretty you’ve become or how awful that haircut looked on you.

1. To thank the people who created it:

Around 25 students this year are still working to make the best yearbook ever. So, even though you do not want to remember anything, you could just buy it to thank them for their work. For example, if you are an athlete just think about the different people who came to the meets and about the time they spent working on the page dedicated to every sport. And who knows, you might find an amazing picture of you in the center of the page.

There are also some drawbacks about buying a yearbook. First, it’s expensive. $80 for a book may be a lot for some people, but think about it for a minute. It’s good quality and you will keep it forever so you can give up on going out for lunch for a week and order it right?

Then, you may not want to see some people’s faces or remember some events, but there has to be at least one person or one thing you want to keep in your heart.

Go to jostensyearbooks.com and order the best memory you will ever keep from high school!  

[socialpoll id=”2335474″]