Ridge All In

Ridge All In

IMG_20160401_102043

Fossil Ridge High school dedicated Friday, April 1 to unify all school cultures into a community of compassion and awareness. In readiness for Unity Day, Sabercats engaged in a week of school spirit by participating in different events each day.

The theme, “Ridge All In,” developed from the beginning of the school year has been a continuous memento reminding students the beauty of individuality, especially when synergized with others coming from diverse walks of life.

Advisory classes were led by student leaders from multiple school clubs and organizations. Students were asked to decorate a single puzzle piece with symbols that represented a part of his or her identity. By using small, individual puzzles to contribute to the larger picture, students were able to recognize that the Fossil community is not complete with missing pieces, or students. “Without your diversity, our school community is not complete,” said Ellie Ewer, a senior experiencing Unity Day for the last time. Fossil hopes that these valuable lessons will carry on in the lives of all its students in the present, and after high school.IMG_20160401_101816

Student leaders were generous in providing an after party for their peers. A great contribution was made by the catering class whom baked cookies and pastries for the entire school. “It’s amazing seeing all the effort and genuine encouragement from my fellow peers,” said Clifton Sutherland, a senior, “I am glad I was able to be a part of this really great event one last time before I leave this year.”

Ridge All In will continue its legacy for the rest of the school year and a calling for more compassion.