No stress, no mess for upcoming finals

No stress, no mess for upcoming finals

Wednesday December, 14— In the midst of finals stress and the surreal excitement of anticipating holiday celebrations, students at Fossil Ridge High School were able to find a bit of solace during CoCo Cram study sessions.

In order to support students needing to review an accumulation of topics within subjects learned over the entirety of first semester, teachers and student tutors were made available after school to tutor those wanting to review for upcoming finals. “It’s a fun and festive to study,” said Julie Pfeifer, one of Fossil’s math teachers. Multiple clubs provided snacks and hot coco, or made gifts for teachers for participating in Coco Cram. “It’s a great way to relax and get help,” state Pfeifer.

Students from clubs such as National Honor Society claimed that, “CoCo Cram is a great way to get tutoring hours,” stated Gracie Philop. This also included those fulfilling tutoring hours required by his or her class courses such as AP Biology students. The time spent interacting with student peers was just as valuable as talking with teachers for many students. “If a teacher’s teaching style doesn’t fit you, you get different approaches with your student peers,” said Morgan Schramn. “It’s way more helpful than just getting same content explained the same way over and over.” Student tutors mutually benefit with their peers as they also learn as they teach and solidify knowledge orally.

This annual event geared toward tutoring students for more in depth knowledge or help in catching up on coursework is a great confidence booster for finals week.