Bri, Kim, and Kennedy pose with Broncos jerseys.

Tackling STEM with the Broncos

[slideshow_deploy id=’18365′]

Photo Credit: Ayden Adair

A student-made video capturing the hard work and passion of Ridgebotics has resonated with the same passion in the sciences for the Colorado Broncos football team. The robotics program at Fossil Ridge High School was rewarded $7,500 for funding, Broncos gear, and a paid trip to the Worlds championships.  

Ayden Adair, a junior at Fossil who is heavily involved within the TV program published a documentary about Ridgebotics that eventually caught the attention of the Broncos. “Tackling STEM” is one of many mottos by the Broncos focused on the effort to merge science and technology with other common activities such as sports. “I knew our program needed funding so we had intentions of sending the video to potential sponsors,” Adair stated. By the time the Broncos viewed the documentary, Fossil’s robotics team already had a reputation among the Broncos players after they attended the Colorado Regional event.

On April 7, the robotics members had the opportunity to tour the Broncos training facility and meet with the individuals who managed the team as well as the company Arrow, who is sponsoring the team’s trip to the championships on April 19. Team members were grateful for the unique experience, but were regretful to not have been able to meet with any of the Bronco’s players and hope to meet them one day.

The video to Adair’s documentary can be viewed at this link.