Fossil Ridge baseball takes on their last game of the 2017 season. Photo Credit: fossilridgebaseball Instagram

Fossil Ridge baseball brings home a win to end the season

Last week, on Wednesday May 3, the Fossil Ridge baseball team played Boulder High School and unfortunately lost to the Panthers (6-7) in a close game. The next day, Thursday May 4, the boys took on Monarch High School beating the Coyotes (4-3), ending their season on a well-deserved win.

Over the course of the season the team didn’t reach their full potential, as junior Aj Artis and senior Dayton Williams expressed a week before their final game. The players on the team were very talented; however, the SaberCats couldn’t figure out how to effectively use their individual skills to reel in good results as a team.

Overall the boys ended the season with a (5-14) record and a league record of (3-9), needless to say, it wasn’t the most successful season for Fossil Ridge. The team will be saying goodbye to a handful of seniors this spring including: Dayton Williams, Noah Watters, Jake Grillo, Alex Paul, Bridger Keally, Ted Neimann, Evan Bergerson, and Ryan Smith.

We wish all of the seniors luck in the next chapter of their lives, and thank them for their hard work, and commitment to Fossil’s program.