Football takes a loss against Impalas

The Fossil Ridge High School football team lost against Poudre High School 51-33 last Friday, making them 2-6 in the 2012 season. Senior and quarterback Travis Avila threw the most yards in a game this season, with 415 yards on 27 completions out of 42 attempted and one interception. 

The most productive receivers of the night were seniors Eric Lanza and Corey Peter. Lanza caught eight receptions for a season high, 187 yards. Peter had three receptions for 66 yards. The offense played well against Poudre, while the defense struggled more trying to take down the Impalas rushing offense.

Poudre played an explosive game because their strength was in their running game. Poudre rushed for a total of 465 yards. The Impalas also threw only eight times throughout the whole game. The Impalas ran through the SaberCat defense with their biggest rushing outing of the season, and it showed on the scoreboard.

The SaberCats have their next game this Thursday, Oct. 25 at 6 p.m. against Horizon at French Field. The team hopes there will be a lot of support for the last regular season game.